So, when attempting to use git to manage my Mastodon instance......
I managed to pull the branch that had none of my custom changes, and a completely different docker-compose file.
I then proceeded to bring up my mastodon, screwing with all of my containers.
For whatever reason, it refused to revert container names and volumes, however much I tried.
After eventually switching to the correct branch, and judicious use of 'docker-compose down', everything came back up!
But no luck, as my reverse proxy couldn't see the server.
One nginx restart, and logs started flowing!
We're all back online now, but I blame @mike for giving me well written instructions that I dutifully ignored.
Whitespashe is now running Mastodon 3.0.0rc2!
Friendly Neighbourhood Sysadmin.
This is a mastodon instance that allows users to share ideas and participate in discussions.
Whitespashe is named after the Admins' first joint coding project, which replaced spaces within a Word document with non-printable characters.
This would preserve readability, but would fool plagiarism detection sites such as Turnitin.
This site was named after this project, as it represents a desire to create whilst simultaneously sticking it to the Man (or in this case, the hellscape that is Twitter).
We have a hidden service frontend running at: http://whtspshcehqg4nj4wqyiopjcfxradop7ujflycxum7wkfivewqt36zyd.onion
Our code of conduct and extended information can be found after the 'Learn More' link below!